Post-Law School Fellowship Application
California Tribal Families Coalition is honored to offer the inaugural San Manuel Tribal Advocacy Fellowship – a new post-graduation position for law students who have lived experience in tribal communities and a demonstrated interest in federal Indian/tribal law or child welfare. The Fellowship is a one-year position and will provide a competitive salary, student loan forgiveness as needed, and mentoring and training in Indian law, specifically in Indian child welfare work. Applicants must be willing to take the California Bar Exam and commit to the one-year position beginning in or around August 2023.
The CTFC team focuses on high impact work, community driven needs identification with a focus on high needs stakeholders. We are looking for engaged and driven individuals that thrive in a collaborative environment, seek mentorship and learning and enjoy creative problem-solving.
Applications will be accepted at email@example.com until 11:59 PM Pacific on April 10, 2023. Graduates of the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Law, where the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians has supported Indian law instruction, will receive priority consideration. To apply, please send the following materials by the deadline:
- Cover Letter – the letter should address experience or education relevant to the position that is not reflected in the resumé, especially if there is a unique area of focus within the CTFC mission the applicant is interested in.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Law School Transcripts
- Writing Sample
- Short answers to the following prompts:
- Please describe your interest and experience related to tribal communities.
- Please describe your interest and experience related to child welfare.
California Tribal Families Coalition staff will schedule virtual interviews with qualified applicants shortly after the close of applications. The Fellowship is a remote position with some travel required. If you have any questions, please reach out to CTFC Legal Director, Kimberly Cluff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.